11285 Elkins Rd,
Roswell, GA 30076
Home > About Dr. Frontman|
About Dr. Frontman
I am a Licensed Psychologist who has been in practice for over 25 years. My practice uses innovative, culturally-sensitive clinical methods. I openly discuss the rationale for all clinical interventions and treatment. My practice encourages active, collaborative participation. The bottom-line is a sensible, practical, and goal-focused approach. I practice as a Systems-Oriented Therapist, integrated within the principles and practices of Systems-Centered® Therapy
Progress in psychotherapy is evaluated throughout using MyOutcomes
and the OQ System
My experience includes 20 years serving as a Senior Psychologist at the Georgia Tech Counseling Center, 20 years of private practice, Pre-Doctoral Internship at the Dallas Child Guidance Clinic, and Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Dallas VA Chemical Addiction Program. As a "System’s-Oriented Therapist," I maintain adherence and continuous training within the Systems-Centered Training & Research Institute (SCTRI), for over 22 years. I have presented at psychotherapy and addiction recovery conferences and serve on local advisory boards.
On-line listings for my practice may be found through a number of websites. I hold membership in the Georgia Psychological Association
and American Psychological Association
, and the National Health Service Psychologists
, a certification entitled only for psychology graduates of doctoral programs and internships approved by the American Psychological Association. You also find on-line listings with the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
and the National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists, an affiliate of the American Group Psychotherapy Association
- Doctor of Philosophy, Counseling Psychology (APA Approved), Texas Tech University
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Chemical Addiction Program, Dallas VA Medical Center Hospital
- Pre-Doctoral Internship, Dallas Child Guidance Clinic (now Dallas Child and Family Guidance Clinic)
- Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology, Trinity University (San Antonio, TX)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- Clinical Experience: Georgia Tech Counseling Center (20 years), Texas Tech Counseling Center, Bexar County Women's Center, Bexar County (TX) Hospital (Psychiatric Unit), Dallas VA Medical Center Hospital, Dallas Independent School District, and Private Practice
Certifications and Professional Affiliations
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Georgia
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- National Health Sevice Psychologist, since 1993. National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP), National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA), Divisions 29 (Psychotherapy), 50 (Addictions).
- Member, Georgia Psychological Association (GPA)
- Addiction Advisory Board Member, HAMSA, Jewish Family & Career Services
- Board Member, Georgians for Responsible Marijuana Policy (GRMP)
- Associate Member, ASAM, (American Society of Addictve Medicine)
Please Note: My practice respects religion and spirituality. Religious and faith community/practices provide a framework for building upon the values we hold dear. I am not a spiritual counselor; I ecumenically support religious and spiritual practices if present.
This practice affirms and supports individuals and families of all races, cultures, religions, and sexual orientations.
Dr. Frontman is a National Health Service Psychologist. A National Health Service Psychologist is a licensed psychologist who is certified to be fully & comprehensively trained to independently practice in his state to provide prevention, evaluation, assessment & treatment services.